Coursera is a web education provider that gives online courses, popularly referred to as MOOCs or Massive Open Online Courses, from top universities and corporations around the world. Currently, Coursera boasts a lively catalog of quite 6000 online courses created by these partner institutions. This free app, along with the Coursera apps for iPhone and iPad, offers quick and easy access to over 600 courses which include( preparation for UPSC and other competitive exams), across 12 different languages, from 108 top universities and educational institutions worldwide. Coursera courses contain pre-recorded video lectures that you simply can watch on a weekly schedule or when it's convenient for you. They even have student discussion forums, homework/assignments, and online quizzes or exams.
- Coursera is very well organized. They are partnered with the foremost important educational institutions around the world.
- They are very “up to date” in topics of interest and new courses.
- Coursera has the widest catalog of courses, all of them with a certification given by them in name only of knowledgeable institutions, like universities.
- They also have programs together with universities that allow you to get a Master’s Degree and Specializations.
- Some of the courses (very few) have some old information (more than 2 years), and in some areas like technology, the knowledge has got to be very new and updated.
- Some professors or people doing videos aren't good ahead of the camera, they ought to train their people a touch bit more for those things.
- Audit: If you would like to require a course and learn the fabric that it provides, but don’t want to spend money to try to do so (or perhaps the course is just too expensive), you can choose to audit it.
- Certified course: This is the basic option that you can choose to learn over at Coursera. You pay a fee, enroll in the course and simply start learning.
- Specialization: A specialization is basically a select number of courses pact into one, specific topic.
- Degree: Coursera offers a wide variety of different degrees that you can take, most of them revolving around business and IT categories.
Extramarks is a digital learning platform for college kids who have a smartphone reception. The learning app consists of 'Alex', an AI-based learning assistant, who helps the user to have a personalized learning experience with engaging visuals and animations. The AI helps the scholars to urge their doubts cleared instantly. The Education software promises to supply solutions for everything on the app, through visual and interactive learning modules. Extramarks also make studying at home more effective by providing homework, projects, essays, tests, or assignments. The android software also provides NCERT solutions that are considered to be the simplest by many users who use the app. Extramarks contain solutions for all the themes, including classes of both CBSE and ICSE Boards examinations.
- Extramarks makes learning visual
- They create learning modules, which are engaging, effective.
- These are more memory friendly
- Extramarks endeavors to make learning child-centric
- Need the power to download and consider the videos offline
- Need a solution for a slow internet connection.
- It is not economically feasible
- Adaptive Learning
An interactive and dynamic platform that gives a singular learning base to satisfy every child's need, Extramarks offers extensive content appropriate consistent with the varied curriculum.
- Unlimited Doubt Solving
The platform allows you to interact with the AI-based study bot named Alex to clear the doubts on the go.
- Customized Worksheets
This feature of Extramarks focuses on the skill of each student individually. With the customized and efficiently designed worksheets for each student supported their skills and level of data, the platform aims towards helping every learner move ahead
- Reports And Analytics
Analyzing the progress and developing the chart to demonstrate the positive movement in learning is crucial. With Extramarks on your side, a strong platform to check your progress backed by AI is obtainable.
Coursera provides custom-based pricing.
Extramarks provides custom-based pricing.
In our general overview, we would say that a number of the world’s best-known firms use Coursera for employee training, you'll be pretty sure you’re getting the work skills you would like, too. While Extramarks has taken this initiative to provide an excellent course to learners in order to learn, practice, and excel in their studies.
Top 5 Most Popular Edu-Tech/EdTech Software
Explore best edu tech platforms and learn to scale your knowledge