Coursera is a web education provider that gives online courses, popularly referred to as MOOCs or Massive Open Online Courses, from top universities and corporations around the world. Currently, Coursera boasts a lively catalog of quite 6000 online courses created by these partner institutions. This free app, along with the Coursera apps for iPhone and iPad, offers quick and easy access to over 600 courses which include( preparation for UPSC and other competitive exams), across 12 different languages, from 108 top universities and educational institutions worldwide. Coursera courses contain pre-recorded video lectures that you simply can watch on a weekly schedule or when it's convenient for you. They even have student discussion forums, homework/assignments, and online quizzes or exams.
- Coursera is very well organized. They are partnered with the foremost important educational institutions around the world.
- They are very “up to date” in topics of interest and new courses.
- Coursera has the widest catalog of courses, all of them with a certification given by them in name only of knowledgeable institutions, like universities.
- They also have programs together with universities that allow you to get a Master’s Degree and Specializations.
- Some of the courses (very few) have some old information (more than 2 years), and in some areas like technology, the knowledge has got to be very new and updated.
- Some professors or people doing videos aren't good ahead of the camera, they ought to train their people a touch bit more for those things.
- Audit: If you would like to require a course and learn the fabric that it provides, but don’t want to spend money to try to do so (or perhaps the course is just too expensive), you can choose to audit it.
- Certified course: This is the basic option that you can choose to learn over at Coursera. You pay a fee, enroll in the course and simply start learning.
- Specialization: A specialization is basically a select number of courses pact into one, specific topic.
- Degree: Coursera offers a wide variety of different degrees that you can take, most of them revolving around business and IT categories.
Blackboard Instructor is a mobile app that permits you to look at the course content, grade assignments, connect with students in discussions, and interact together with your class in Blackboard Collaborate. The app is out there for iOS and Android mobile devices. Blackboard is a course management system that permits you to supply content to students during a central location, communicate with students quickly, and supply grades in an electronic format to students. Blackboard amplifies student-teacher engagement by digitalizing the teaching world.
- It does what it's intended to try to like connecting students and teachers alike.
- It allows teachers to upload assignments online to eliminate the utilization of paper.
- Good platform to take tests and quizzes.
- Accepts a wide variety of file types.
- Choice of layout options to suit different sorts of courses.
- Sign-on errors are common and they may inhibit the students' ability to submit and receive assignments as directed.
- It is hard to navigate sometimes if you're unfamiliar.
- Not exactly user-friendly.
- Sometimes locations of assignments aren't clear, very obscure.
- Not a very appealing layout.
- Blackboard works on all kinds of tablets and smartphones, so users can access wherever they'll be.
- Its dashboard is additionally intuitive and straightforward to navigate.
- Educators who use Blackboard are equipped with a variety of methods to enhance engagement from students and learners, also to motivate them to succeed in their full potential.
- Blackboard is a product that blends real-time support and learning, which successively encourages professional development and competitiveness within the corporate that uses it.
Coursera provides custom-based pricing.
Blackboard provides custom-based pricing.
In our general overview, we would say that a number of the world’s best-known firms use Coursera for employee training, you'll be pretty sure you’re getting the work skills you would like, too. While Blackboard has a customizable open architecture, a course management system, and a scalable design that can easily merge with authentication processes and student information systems.
Top 5 Most Popular Edu-Tech/EdTech Software
Explore best edu tech platforms and learn to scale your knowledge