Avira antivirus software security is a capable free security suite that uses multiple techniques and technologies to keep you safe from even the very latest malware. Web-related features include blocking of malicious and phishing sites via Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera browser extensions. Like most antivirus software, the Avira antivirus app has a three-layer protection scheme. The traditional malware scanner compares files against a library of known threats. Avira Free Antivirus scans compressed files and blocks unwanted software, but email attachments are examined when they are opened rather than when they arrive.
Avira Mail protection is a scanner for email protocols like POP, IMAP, and SMTP which scans every incoming unencrypted email and attachment, and even outgoing ones if so configured, for viruses and unwanted programs.
Advantages of using Avira Endpoint Security:
- Professional security package for small networks and ideal supplement for businesses that use the Microsoft Small Business Server.
- Avira Rootkit Detection (protection against processes that manipulate systems) including repair function.
- Real-time monitoring of all file accesses with integrated on-access scanner and on-demand scanner.
- Scanning of Email traffic for infectious contents directly at the client, checking of every incoming and outgoing or internally sent Email in real time.
- Precisely adjustable user administration including password and general or group based assignment of rights.
Virus scanner & Clean
Phone locator Tracker
Bitdefender antivirus app develops and markets cybersecurity products and services for companies and consumers including endpoint protection (with hardening and risk analytics capabilities), extended detection and response, multi-cloud security, and managed detection and response, antivirus software, IoT security, VPN, and privacy.
Bitdefender offers 4 types of scans:
Quick Scan. A lightweight scan of core system files and temporary files where viruses are often stored.
System Scan. An in-depth analysis and scan of the entire system for malware and vulnerabilities.
Custom Scan. Scanning in any system location where there might be potential threats.
Vulnerability Scan. Scanning for privacy risks in application settings as well as critical software updates.
Complete data protection
Advanced threat defense
Multi-layer ransomware protection
Features of Bitdefender Endpoint Security:
- Endpoint detection and response
- Hyper Detect blocks attacks at pre-execution
- Sandbox analyzer enhances targeted attack detention
- Endpoint control and hardening
- Advanced anti-exploit
- Endpoint control
- Smart scanning technology
- Real-time process monitoring
- Web security filtering
- Advanced anti-exploit
Now let's compare both the antivirus and see which one is better to use.
Before finalizing any one of them, try out the free trials of both at Anytechtrial.com
Taking everything into account, we can say that Bitdefender offers Device control, web filtering, exchange mail protection, intrusion detection, and free 24-hour support, and many more services. While Avira offers many services like Microphone protection, Camera protection, a Phone Locator Tracker, etc.
Popular Bitdefender Comparison
Other Most Popular Anti-Virus Software
Discover the Best Software to Grow Your Business