Accelerate running payroll for employees with a list of Small Business Payroll Software. Take a free trial, compare pricing and features at AnyTechTrial.
Top 5 Most Popular Payroll Software
Discover the Best Softwares to Grow Your Business
Other Popular Payroll Software
FAQ for Payroll Management Software
The payroll management process signifies the process of administration of a company's employee's financial records. These include details of the employee's salaries, incentives, bonuses, deductions, and net pay.
Payroll Management Software is an all-in-one solution that streamlines all processes related to making payments to employees. This software automates repetitive tasks, provides real-time data, and helps in calculations.
Payroll software automates the necessary requirements of exact running payroll. These software automatically calculate the correct amount your employees should be paid each pay cycle based on the number of hours they've worked. You don’t have to worry about paying payroll taxes or misreporting employees' wages.
Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > F1: Accounting Features. Tab down to the Cost/Profit Centers Management section. Set the option Maintain payroll to Yes. Set the option Maintain more than one payroll or cost category to Yes, to allocate employee cost by creating separate employee categories.
Payroll Management System is the system through which an employer can manage the salaries of the employees. The salary structure includes salary, deductions, and net payable to the employees. It can also deal with generating payslips.
Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Best Overall: Gusto.
- Best Reporting: Paychex Flex.
- Easiest to Set Up: QuickBooks Payroll.
- Best Customer Service: Workday.
- Best for Small Businesses: OnPay.
- Best for Large Companies: Sage.
- Best Free Option: Zenefits.
- Best for Integrations: XERO.
Standard payroll processing is usually priced on a per-employee or per-check basis, in addition to a base account fee. While base account fees vary widely depending on the provider, you are looking at anywhere from $20–$100 per month.
- Step 1: Find your employer identification number.
- Step 2: Collect employee tax information.
- Step 3: Choose a payroll schedule.
- Step 4: Calculate gross pay.
- Step 5: Determine deductions, allowances and other withholdings.
- Step 6: Calculate net pay and pay your employees.
HR is best positioned to deal with payroll because of the fact that most of the payroll data come from activities undertaken by HR department. This consist of deductions, benefits, unpaid leave, promotions, terminations, recruitment, and such like. HR primarily deals with all the matters concerning employees.
- Best Overall: Gusto.
- Runner-Up for Best Overall: Intuit QuickBooks Payroll.
- Best for Pricing: Wave Payroll.
- Best for Outsourcing Payroll: Justworks.
- Best for Software Integrations: OnPay.
- Best for Paying Household Workers: SurePayroll.