Symantec Endpoint security
Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus software is an all-in-one security software for businesses of various sizes and includes anti-malware, firewall, and intrusion prevention features.
First lets understand what to expect from this software in a general overview.
The software regularly scans endpoints for security threats and prevents unauthorized applications from running, while strict firewall policies help monitor network traffic more efficiently.
It automatically blocks malicious traffic coming from a browser or corporate networks and takes advantage of the mixture of information obtained from other users to spot potential threats.
- The administrative console allows IT admins to make and modify security policies for all departments like excluding specific programs and files from regular and on-demand scans.
- The machine learning technology and real-time cloud lookup end in better detection and accuracy and significantly reduce scan times.
Pros & Cons:
It is easy to configure and push out to your endpoints
Zero day protection is best in the industry because of its huge sensor net and rapid remediation
Available on all major platforms, Microsoft, Linux/Unix and Mac
Outstanding flexibility in configuring group and individual policies for all aspects of the product.
- Endpoint Security Enterprise: Extends industry-leading SEP to all operating systems and devices, including mobile. Offers cloud management.
- Cloud workload protection
- Data center security
- Cloud workload protection for storage
- Protection engine for cloud services
- Protection for SharePoint Servres
Management UI is Outdated and Complex to Use
It is very difficult to get any complex technical problems resolved.
Removing Endpoints Completely is time-consuming and difficult.
Endpoint Security Complete: Extends endpoint security enterprise with attack surface reduction, endpoint detection and response, threat hunting, active directory defense, and other advanced technologies for complete protection and the best return on investment.
- Client Management Suite
- Asset Management Suite
- Server Management Suite
- Ghost Management Suite
Why Choose Symantec?
Symantec protects all your traditional and mobile endpoint devices with innovative technologies for attack surface reduction, attack prevention, breach prevention, and detection and response. Symantec antivirus app now offers multi-layered protection from endpoint to the gateway in this new security solution. Endpoint Protection can be seamlessly integrated using the programmable APIs with Symantec Blue Coat ProxySG Web gateway and various other security controls.